Monday, February 22, 2010

In Memoriam

clip_image002
Ambreen Nisar Husain
24.9.62 – 24.2.05
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.


I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
(mary elizabeth frye – 1932)
Ambreen3-1
Sit with me a while
Hold my hand and share my pain,
For even the Heavens cried with me
that day a part of me died,
A part of my life that was so gentle,
thoughtful and caring;
Loving, sensitive and warm 
with a soft cheerful voice


A part that had from infancy become
the sunshine of all of our lives,
The Heavens cried that day a part of me died
The joyous chuckle, the radiant smile
The thoughtful furrowed brow,
The glaring eyes, the sea of emotions
that we shared;

Memories of that gentle voice are silent now
But the smile, the touch and the love
is all in my heart,  
to cherish till I depart
The Heavens cried when my Tu passed on.
-Ba (Zahid Husain)
Ambreen1-1

Ambreen2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment